A.1 The Scheme
- The scheme is operated by the Development Bank of Mauritius Ltd (DBM).
- The scheme provides for a grant for purchase of a WATER TANK, supply of essential fittings and WATER PUMP, to be installed and delivered at the principal residence of the applicant.
- The grant of Rs 15,000 is meant only for applicants drawing a gross monthly household income less than Rs 60,000 and will be treated on first come first serve basis.
- The grant is meant only for purchase of a new WATER TANK and WATER PUMP from a supplier of WATER TANK-PUMP registered under the scheme with DBM (Registered Supplier).
- The new WATER TANK shall have a minimum tank capacity of 1,000 litres or more for a proposed price of Rs 10,000, together with essential fittings for an amount of Rs 1,000 and A Domestic WATER PUMP where capacity would be 0.5 HP and grant element would amount to Rs 4,000. Consideration could also be given to provision of solar powered water pump.
A.2 Eligibility of Applicant
To be eligible for the grant,
- The applicant must be aged 18 years or over.
- The applicant or spouse (if applicable) must be (a) the owner of the residence where the WATER TANK will be installed and (b) the official CWA customer of the said residence.
- The applicant can also be a tenant of the residence where the WATER TANK and WATER PUMP will be installed. An updated rent book, together with recent CWA Bill, ID Card of owner and a letter from owner must be produced
- The applicant or spouse (if applicable) or any other occupant of the residence where the WATER TANK and WATER PUMP will be installed must not have already benefited of a grant under any WATER TANK Grant schemes.
- Applications which have already been processed for previous schemes and where coupons have been issued, households will not be eligible to apply under the new scheme.
- The grant shall be used for the sole purpose of benefitting from the installation of the water tank and water pump.
A.3 Application under the Scheme
- To apply on-line for the grant,
(a) the applicant must visit the DBM’s website www.dbm.mu and obtain access to DBM’s WATER TANK and domestic WATER PUMP New Grant Scheme application webpage where the application form is posted, and
(b) the applicant must fill in Section B.1 and submit the application form on-line to the Bank.
- Upon submission of the application form to the Bank, the applicant will receive the Application No of the application made. The Application No must be noted and remembered by the applicant as the Bank will use same for all future communications with the applicant. .
- The Bank will thereafter act to proceed further with the application. The applicant will be called in person at the Bank with all required supporting documents listed in Section B.2 of the application form, to complete the formalities and to confirm his/her agreement to the terms and conditions of the grant.
- Upon processing of the application, if the applicant is found to be eligible for the grant, the Bank will issue to the applicant a grant coupon to be utilized for the purchase of a new WATER TANK, essential fittings and domestic WATER PUMP from a Registered Supplier of the applicant’s choice out of a list of Registered Suppliers.
- The applicant must not consider submission of this application to the Bank, completion of the application formalities and confirmation of his/her agreement to the terms and conditions of the grant as a guarantee to benefit of the grant.
- The applicant shall not make any deposit, advance or part-payment and/or enter into any agreement or arrangement with any Registered Supplier for purchase/order/reservation of a Water tank and water pump prior to making this application, completion of the application formalities, confirmation of his/her agreement to the terms and conditions of the grant, and issue of the grant coupon by the Bank. Furthermore, the applicant shall not enter into any arrangement or agreement with any Registered Supplier which is against or which defeats or bypasses the procedures set by DBM to operate the scheme.
- The Bank shall outright cancel the application, or should the applicant (a) fail to produce all supporting documents, complete the application formalities or confirm his/her agreement to the terms and conditions of the grant within the given timeframe; (b) fail to meet the criteria and conditions of the scheme and the requirements of the Bank; (c) provide any false information/make any false declaration/submit any fake, falsified or forged document in respect of this application to benefit of the grant; and (d) enter into any arrangement or agreement with any Registered Supplier which is against or which defeats or bypasses the procedures set by DBM or to operate the scheme.
- The Bank shall reserve the rights to initiate legal proceedings against the applicant should (a) the applicant provide any false information/make any false declaration/submit any fake, falsified or forged document in respect of this application to benefit of the grant; and (b) the applicant enter into any arrangement or agreement with any Registered Supplier which is against or which defeats or bypasses the procedures set by DBM to operate the scheme.
- The Bank reserves the right to stop or cancel the whole on-line application process under the scheme if deemed necessary.
- The Bank shall not be liable to the applicant for:-
a. any prejudice, loss or inconvenience which may be caused to the applicant as a result of the application;
b. any delay in the processing of the application;
c. cancellation of the application.
A.4 Disclosure of Applicant information
The scheme may involve disclosure of applicant information to Ministries/Bodies of the Government of Mauritius, and in the public domain.